Solar Ovens

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

solar cinnamon rolls

I was wondering how my favorite cinnamon roll recipe would work in the solar oven.  These are a kind of sticky bun; I got the recipe from my grandmother, & I make them twice a year.  I didn't want to risk too many, so I put these 3 in my Global Sun oven.  Worked great!  The taste was maybe slightly different, but you'd only notice if you'd just eaten one out of the regular oven (which I had).  They even browned on top which surprised me.  I left them in for about an hour (forgot they were there!), but they seemed to be just right.

1 comment:

  1. Michele,
    You're amazing! Love the cinnamon role idea!

    We've appreciated our solar oven. We've taken it camping and made casseroles and potatoes and soups and breads. It's a great and useful tool to have!

    And...thanks for all you share! I'm a single-parent too and....know how important preparedness is. There is much peace that comes from knowing you've done what you could do to prepare!

    I've posted your message to our new FB site Facebook.com/MormonMomsWhoBlog - because I think it will help many others today!

    Blessings to you!
    Heidi G.
    (fellow preparedness mom, single-parent, homeschooler etc.) :)
    MormonMomsWhoBlog.blogspot.com
    LatterdayLearning.org
    AllAboutPreparedness.blogspot.com
    HomeschoolList.blogspot.com
    Google+ MormonMoms

    ReplyDelete