Solar Ovens

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Earthquake straps for water heater

I recently attended an earthquake safety meeting given by the Dept Homeland Security.  One thing she stressed was earthquake straps for your water heater.  I know people in California have these.  I live in Utah where earthquakes are a risk too, but I'd never heard of them.  She said that the most common reason you have to turn of your gas is because the water heater tips over & breaks the gas line.  I looked online when I got home, & you can get these for under $20!


Something so simple & inexpensive, that can save so much expense later!  Not to mention the safety issues of a broken gas line!  I bought some, & a friend installed them for me.  I feel such peace of mind knowing it's done!

1 comment:

  1. You could always arm yourself with knowledge regarding water heaters by reading tips at websites such as www.heater.com.

    ReplyDelete