Solar Ovens

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Dandelion cookies


1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup honey
2 eggs.
Mix.
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup oats
Mix.
1/2 cup yellow dandelion blossoms (no green)
Mix.
Drop onto cookie sheet.  Bake 375 for 10-15 min.

These were better than I expected.  My son didn't love them; but I think it wasn't the dandelion flavor, I think it was that they were sweetened with honey instead of sugar.  He didn't think they were strong enough flavored or sweet enough.  I served them to a group of 6 boys I had over (ages 8-11).  Half didn't much care for them, the other half LOVED them & made me send the recipe to their moms.  So definitely worth trying to see if you like them.  I do think they'll be a great treat to be able to make if we're ever living on our food storage.  Healthy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment