I just tried this recipe. I loved it! It has several advantages by not using pectin. First of all, you could make it if you're out, it's not available, or to save money. Using raspberries from my yard, jars I already have, the only cost then is the sugar! Also, you don't have to have a certain amount of fruit to match the pectin. You could make only 1 cup of jam if you wanted to! This is a real benefit when using fruit from your yard, especially if you didn't have a way to freeze or save them for days.
I tried it with raspberries & it was delicious! I've had other people tell me it works with other berries as well.
- 1Use a very large pot.
- 2When the jam reaches a full rolling boil it will double in volume.
- 3Heat mashed berries until they reach a full rolling boil.
- 4Boil 2 minutes.
- 5Add sugar.
- 6Stir well.
- 7Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, boil for 2 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Beat with rotary beater for 4 minutes
- 10Pour in sterilized jars and seal.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/raspberry-jam-35192#ixzz20K7ZzK2H