Solar Ovens

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hot chocolate mix

I got this recipe from my grandfather.  Everyone likes it so much the grandkids make it at his house in the summer!
I especially like using flavored coffee creamers instead of plain.  I used peppermint for neighbors.  I'm a big fan of the french vanilla.  We've also used caramel, irish creme & cinnamon creme.  They were all really good!  This makes great gifts.  I also made a big batch & canned it in a #10 can in my food storage.

6 quarts powdered milk (around 8 cups)
1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 cups chocolate powder (such as Nestle)
2 heaping cups powdered creamer (plain or flavored)
Mix all together.  Fill cup 2/3 full of mix (yes you read that right, 2/3 full).  Add hot water.  Yum!
This recipe will fill a gallon ice cream bucket.  This is an easy recipe to get exactly how you want.  Add more cocoa to get it a bit more chocolately.  More flavored creamer for flavor, more milk for creamy, more sugar (or less)!

No comments:

Post a Comment