Solar Ovens

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fabulous Frozen Corn!

I have a guilty admission to make...I'm not really that big a fan of vegetables. I'll eat some salad, fresh corn on the cob...and that's about it. So when I tell you that when I was making this, I COULD NOT STOP EATING IT; you'll understand how amazing that is. Usually frozen corn is ok, but this is soooo good. When we ate it during the winter, it felt like summer had come again.


Shuck Corn.
Cut corn off the cobs. An electric knife works great. Turn a smaller but tall bowl over at the bottom of a large bowl or roasting pan. Rest the corn on the small bowl and cut so that all of the corn falls into the larger bowl. Make sure not to cut too close to the cob.
Put into a pot:
16 cups corn
3 cups water
4 T. sugar (optional)
2 t. salt
½ cup butter (optional)
Mix together, bring to a boil and boil just until the corn becomes translucent (5 minutes.)
Cool and put in freezer bags (juice and all.)
Freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment