Solar Ovens

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Solar Pineapple Pork Tacos




We made these in the solar oven for dinner. Yum! My son added taco sauce, I just put cheese on the top. We used half a pork roast, so it was a bit more than the 1 lb the recipes calls for. We had enough to have tacos for dinner twice, & freeze some to probably have 2 more dinners. One benefit of there only being 2 of us! I put the roast in frozen, & we ate about 8 hours later.

1 lb pork roast
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 8oz can crushed pineapple drained
2 tsp lime juice.

Sprinkle roast with taco seasoning & cook. Shred with fork & mix with pineapple & lime juice. Put in taco shells & garnish as desired.

I can make this out of my food storage, except for taco shells. But it would also be good over rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment